The Guidelines for Meeting at Bracken
We know everyone will be excited to see each other, but we ask that everyone adhere to the recommended guidelines for churches meeting for three reasons:
- To uphold the good name of Christ in our community.
- Because we have been asked to do so by Bracken.
- To show love and consideration to those we are meeting with.
Here are the guidelines we are asking everyone to follow as we meet together:
- RSVP: Please RSVP even if you plan to join online. If you are coming in person, it will help us with setup. If you don’t RSVP, please don’t let it keep you from coming! Here’s the link again: https://forms.gle/byarHZHLcchiNygz9
- Symptoms: If you feel sick, please remain at home. Please call your pastors (James 5:14-15) and we are willing to come and visit, anoint and pray for you.
- Physical Interaction: Our church is a hugging church, but for the time being, refrain from hugs, handshakes, and holy kisses. 🙂 We know the last one may not be the hardest for you, but we do know everyone likes to hug and give handshakes. Don’t feel like you are being unfriendly, please refrain for the safety of everyone else.
- Social Distancing: While we are on Bracken property (Gym and Parking Lot), please be responsible and observe social distancing of 6 feet apart with people outside your family.
- Masks: Masks have been recommended but we will not be requiring people to wear them. If you are more comfortable wearing a mask, please feel free to do so.
- Young Kids: If you have young children, you are welcome to exit the service early if you like because we know it could be difficult to keep little children apart from each other.
- Meal: We will not be having a fellowship meal together during this season but you could bring your picnic lunch and drive over to the Bulverde Park and enjoy lunch and fellowship there.
- Food/Drink: To facilitate the health and safety of everyone, we will not be serving any beverages including water. We encourage people to bring their own disposable water bottles and their own coffee. The water fountain will not be accessible.
- Cleanup: There will be a team of people assigned to cleaning up after our services so you will not need to put back your chairs once we are done. We will be wiping down the chairs and cleaning the restrooms.
- Sports activities: We know many of the young people enjoy basketball inside after church services and others enjoy football in the parking lot before services. We ask that for now, no sports activities be done.
Yes, this is a long list, but we encourage you to read this list in the spirit with which it was written, and that spirit is love. This may be cumbersome to some and a sigh of relief to others but we pray that as we join together again in this very interesting time, we all would love one another which brings unity and peace. As the word of God says in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 says:
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
If you have any specific questions about the upcoming in-person services at Bracken School gym that were not addressed in these guidelines, please don’t hesitate to contact one of the pastors. We will be happy to answer your questions!
God bless you all and we look forward to coming back together again with you and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ in person!
For the glory of God and the advancement of His Kingdom,